Saturday, March 21, 2009

Tomorrow

We've got 2 "new" songs we're excited to be playing tomorrow. I say "new" because one of them (Rain Down by Rita Springer), Matt and I introduced to David, ooooh, about a year ago. He said something to the affect of, "I don't like it." So there it has sat, in the archives, for a year. And so the other day, David says, "This song is great! Have you heard it? It's called Rain Down." Let's just say that this is about the 22nd time that this scenario has played out since Jan '08. It's quite hilarious. In fact, the other new song we're doing (From the Inside Out) tomorrow, got the same response the first time we introduced it to David...and Mike wasn't fond (and still isn't fond) of it either. But now it is David's new favorite song. Mike admitted that he likes it a little. Maybe tomorrow he'll like it more. Mike?? Will ya? Huh?? He'll come around...  :)

We're stoked to have Haejin playing with us now. She's our new, can I call her, a "fiddle" player? Or is that something totally different than a violinist? Hmmmm. I'll ask her maƱana. Regardless, she's amazing!

I'm glad to be back and playing tomorrow. Scouter was sick last week so I had to leave church early and had to miss playing. The Carters are ready for NO MORE SICKYNESS!! We've had a run of it this season, it has seemed. Probably no more than anyone else, but have mercy! Come on SUMMER!!! HAHA 

I haven't posted since D-Now weekend, but I must say that we had a blast hanging out with the kids and getting to play for them Friday night and Saturday. It was a blast! Thanks guys, for letting us hang out with y'all! You guys are super.

Aighty, this Carter needs to do some laundry. What a way to ring in a Saturday night. Jeepers.

See you Sunday.


- Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment